Trusted Recovery Tools & Resources
Let's stay in touch: Join my email list
Subscribe and get my 10-Day Mindset Reset Series sent right to your inbox for free.
Tool #1: Attend a meeting
- Alcoholics Anonymous: For those, like me, who prefer a 12-step approach, you can find a meeting here. Similarly, Narcotics Anonymous has an app to help you find a meeting.
- In The Rooms online communities: Here, you can join virtual meetings for family members, those in active addiction, those in recovery, and anywhere in between. Start connecting.
- Refuge Recovery: This recovery approach is influenced by Buddhist philosophy. View online meeting options here.
- SMART Recovery: Self Management and Recovery Training has over 40 virtual meetings a week. Find one here.
- SHE RECOVERS: I am a SHE RECOVERS Coach, and we believe everyone is in recovery from something. Online meetings that support all recovery paths can be found here.
Tool #2: Listen to a Coaching Meditation
I made these especially for people who need to hear a "peer" speak their language - and give them a bit of a nudge. Remember, I've been where you are. These are not your regular woo-woo meditations.
These are part coaching session, part "practical mindshifts" - aimed to grow your path of healing.
Every time you sit down to listen to one you'll show yourself: you can slow down, breathe, be present, and keep going.
Owning Your Truth in Addiction
In this one, we stand in honesty and take a good look at the pain; a place where there is nothing else to do with shame and fear but lay them down.
Be Your Best Friend
Life after addiction is a tapestry of possibilities, but we need new paths to navigate it. Come back to this meditation as a tool to re-ground yourself.
The Ritual of Recovery
Elena Brower's words, vulnerability and love are present in every word of this masterpiece, which helped me in my own return from relapse into addiction. For more of Elena's magic, visit elenabrower.com
Tool #3: Get my free 10 Day Mindset Reset Course
It's important for me to offer free content alongside my paid content. Every morning for ten days, you'll sit down and pop in one of my audio lessons to give you focus for the day ahead, each based on a different recovery pillar. This series is especially good for those in early recovery or who have recently relapsed.MY GIFT TO YOU
Tool #4: Read about recovery
I use my blog like a journal — it's musings on all things addiction, shame, transformation, relapse, hope, and all the other wild-but-beautiful stuff that comes with a life centered around recovery.
Tool #5: Fight off deep cravings
When a deep craving hits, we need immediate steps of action to get ourselves out of that place of anxiety. Download a free PDF booklet with the tools here.
If you're looking for something a little more hands-on, I have a mini audio series for just $60.
When your craving hits, pop in your headphones and focus on my voice until things subside.
Get the mini series for just $60
Tool #6: Watch Something new
Sometimes you have the urge to just sit in front of the TV. If you have the space for it, swap Netflix for a little YouTube time with one of these excellent recovery-based watches:
- Watch the free documentary - ASK: On love, addiction and codependency.
- Check out my YouTube channel - Prefer watching over listening? I've got hours of coaching videos here.
- Recovery en Español - Follow my youtube channel, Sober Mami, for recovery badassery for my Spanish-speaking familia.
Tool #7: Meet some friends of mine
I have a badass network of coaches, mentors, speakers, and recovery specialists. To have a life steeped in recovery, you'll need to surround yourself with the same. Check out one of my friends, below.
- SHE RECOVERS - SHE RECOVERS® is an international movement of self-identified women in or seeking recovery. For the time being, they are hosting nightly discussions at 5pm PST. Check out all their online offerings (including virtual support meetings, dance sessions, etc. Women only, please)
- Maggie's Women's Group - My personal fellowship of badass women has a FB and online meetings. My best resource for women wanting online meetings. Join them here
- Recover Yourself discussion group - My Friend Martin Jon is a creator of possibility and one of the most badass sober rockstars I know. Read more on his site.
- Women for Sobriety - WFS is based on a non 12-step approach. They have a robust online forum, which you can join here.
- If you're the family member of an addict, take a look at some of the resources available here, at Partnership for Drug Free Kids.
- Want a badass recovery podcast? Check out the Recovery Happy Hour podcast, where my friend Tricia and her guests will rock your world.
Tool #8: Join the Membership and do live calls with podcast hosts Alyssa + Pamela
The "Work" of recovery requires a toolkit. If you're looking for one space for every single tool I've collected or created, look no further than my Membership Hub.
When a craving hits, when you've had a shitty day, when you start romanticizing your past, when you need to get back in touch with yourself, find the right tool at your fingertips.
Once a month live calls with Alyssa and Pamela, hosts of the Badass Recovery Podcast. Boom.
$49 a month gets you all access. Cancel anytime.GET ALL ACCESS
Tool #9: Take care of your body
Moving is one of the ways we can stay grounded and in touch with ourselves. It sounds counterintuitive, but exercise will bring you energy. When all else fails: Move for 20 minutes.
- Personal Coach Roberto Rueda: These online workouts—inspired by Crossfit and other disciplines —can be done using items you already have around the house. Try them here.
- Yoga with Adrienne: Adrienne has over six million followers on YouTube. Her videos are free to watch and suit both beginners and experienced yogis. Under 10 minute videos here.
- Free Trials: Take advantage of free trial offers like those at Yoga Works or Sky Ting.
Ready to go all in on getting sober for good?
The 2021 Badass Sobriety Kit has all you need to finally get this thing under control - for $399. It's time to ditch the excuses and invest in your life. Recovery is worth it.
Get the Badass Sobriety Kit